Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday...


Well today

was a pretty good day! I was mighty pissed off at work today tho. Get this, we have 2 children (sibling group) who have single dad raising them. Anyhow, they are BOTH delayed developmentally. The one is really delayed. Anyhow, they were in a special program last year and they moved over the summer joined our centre and got accepted into a south side special program. Well they never did start. We called, dad called. They said bussing first was the issue. Then, they said dad didn't have enough parental involvement! (helloooo, he is a SINGLE parent...goes to school/work FULL TIME) what can he do to be involved?!?!??!?!? So, anyhow. They dropped them. JUST-LIKE-THAT! They dropped the children. They NEED this program, DAD needs this program...WE need this program. I was STEAMING! So, being the one is old enough for school..I told dad to put her in school then. We will see how long that lasts without no help. Grrrr! THIS is when I feel like writing another letter to the editor. I once did that, and guess who phoned me...at 7:30am...Iris Evans phoned me at home. *lol* so yeah. But as a daycare director...this REALLY pisses me off. We have another child who we have been having HUGE issues with. She is totally 'off'. We had an agency come out, look at her...agreed something is off (last year!) and then say "we don't have enough money in our budget" okay....but on Thursday she did her 1st day of kindergarten (staggered enterance) then today was the FIRST real day...and guess what...voila...she has a full time aide AT SCHOOL! But what about US? She has been at our daycare for 3 years!!!!! Wouldn't it be better, devlopmentally...to get her then...when the 'window of opportunity' is open???? Not once they are already in school???? Whats the point of spending all of this money on neurological studies that FOUND out that the FIRST few years of development are the MOST important????But money for help only comes at 5-6 years old when they enter school???? Grrrr!!!!!! So, I am taking that one on. I put a few calls in today...and I am gonna get me some answers :)

Other then that. It was a good daycare day. 2 staff were sick, but not all of the children were in today so it was okay. We had a staff mtg for Thursday night booked but the ONE staff that I (and all of the other staff) have issues with can't be there (yet again!!!) so, I re-booked so that she can attend (well see if she comes up with something else new). She hasn't been there for the last few ones so I REALLY want here there are so much of it has to do with her.

My mom called me at work, asked if she could pick up the kids. Fabe was off and was going to do it but I called him. So, he went to his friends Bill's shop to do the brakes in his van. So, I got home before the kids. Talked on the phone for a few mins. Kids got home. Showed mom my floors...Mack had homework again! (his teacher said to expect 50 mins a night!!!! OMG!!!) "for every grade they are add 10 mins...so grade 5=50mins...) Yikes! In for a tough year. Kennedy did her reading sheet. They are both outside playing. Fabe is coming home with supper for him (the kids went for supper with mom...) and he has to fix Macks tire (as he is riding Kennedys bike tonight). And, then it will be time to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow :)

~tara~

No comments: