Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Family Manager Saves The Day!

I am reading this great book that I got from Bookcloseouts.com (VERY cheap books!) and this books has tons and tons of great ideas to 'rescue' your famiy from everyday stress. Its a great book! Anyhow, I have been glued to it. I love books like this. Self help books that allow me to really think about ways that I can be more effective with my home life. Anyhow, there are WONDERFUL quotes in there...so I will leave you with some. Keep in mind that they have to do with family/children and home life.

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the hanging on of an uncompleted task" ~William James~

*sooooooo true to me. I find it so tiring always thinking about what has to be done (as you see in my blogs)

"Every minute is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such" ~Henry Miller~

*soooooo true again. I always think that right here, right now...will never happen again in my childrens lives. Every chance that you take to make it the most with them is soo wonderful and important"

This one is my faaaaaavorite thus far:

"The best things in life aren't things" ~Art Buchwald"

*isn't that true???? Our children aren't 'things' and neither are our life time loves...*

"Tell me to what you pay attention, and I will tell you who you are" ~Jose Ortega Y Gasset

*do you pay attention to your children=you are a mother. So you pay attention to God=you are a believer...its all about priorities!*

"Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it" ~Harold S. Hulbert

*so true...its when you least can be bothered to show them love...but thats when they need it the most. I find this so true at my daycare....*

And a funny one:

"I always wondered about where 'Kingdom Come" might be, since my mother threatened so many times to knock me there" ~Bill Cosby~

No comments: