Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, March 16, 2008

To Do list for Summer:

Remind me come summer that its not all play...

This summer I have so much to do:

*Paint the house. The house is DYING to be painted. The walls are dinged and marked. It just needs to be painted. Its screaming to be painted. So I plan to paint it the same base coat color and add some feature walls. I will mud then prepare for painting and paint one room at a time.

*Steam clean Kennedys couch and chair set. I bought this set when she was 2 years old. It was not cheap, and she sits on it daily in her room to watch tv and do crafts (which results in markers!) so I want to use the steam cleaner and totally clean it up. I plan to save this set for a long, long time. Since Amanda is having a girl, she can use it when the baby is older...but I do want it back...I want to save it for Kennedy...

*Sand and re-surface Kennedy's dresser. THIS is why she is NOT ready for a nice new bedroom suite. I mean, her suite it nice but its old. I bought her set when she was 2 year old and switched from crib to bed. Its a canopy bed, with a long white dresser and a night stand. I mean, I paid like 300.00 for the whole set almost 6 years ago...but its finally dying to be painted. I have kept up with it with magic erasers and nail polish remover to keep it decent but now its finally needing to be painted. So I will have to research how to do it. One day I will get Fabian to help me put it in the garage and I will sand it and paint it...any tips???? Its a sturdy set so I hate to replace it with a Ikea type dresser...but she isn't ready for a new bedroom suite yet. Although she does need new bedding and paint (maybe this summer too???) when her room is clean it still looks very pretty!

*Paint a feature wall in Macks room. Since he isn't moving down to the room that I painted in the basement for him, I need to paint a dark grey feature wall for him in his room. His room looks really nice now with the deep grey bedding, the new bed and computer desk and the bright red chair...its looks really good...but it needs a deep grey feature wall to pull it all together. I love looking at his room clean...his room is south facing so the sun beams in all day in there...I love it.

*We did the porch last year, but this year we need to do the fence and the deck. Since I will be home the kids and I can dedicate a day or two to strictly painting of the fence...easy enough! With the kids help, we will get it done fast! The deck, I think we will just stain it. So I will have to ask Fabe but I'm pretty sure we will be just staining it!

*garden, garden...every year I seem to enjoy gardening more and more. Costco had a 6 pack of really nice gardening gloves for 10.00 so I bought those. As well, at GoodWill on gymnastics days I have been buying some different containters and such to set up for gardening...just knowing that I will be able to water at night and not have to worry about the time (for waking up the next morning) feels sooooo good. I plan to have tons and tons of flowers. Due to no paychecks in the summer (lol) I want to buy as much as I can now...I can't wait!

*with the help of my label maker I plan to totally organize stuff. On rainy days (of course!) I plan to go through basement stuff and ensure that everything is very tidy! Life is just so much easier when the house is clean and tidy!

Thats all that I can think of so far...basically I plan to keep the house very clean...and so I don't need to spend the whole summer cleaning it ;o) and get done those pesky projects that I have been wishing for the time to do...

Whats on you 'to do' list for the summer??

1 comment:

Kylie's Mom said...

Well, now that it's all in writing, of course you have to do it all.

I painted a thrift-store dresser for Kylie...just sand it lightly, clean it with TSP and then prime and paint. Easy.