Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Friday, March 07, 2008

New Books!

Today I went to Costco..for work of course ;o)

And I bought 2 new books for myself. Now, really I shouldn't be buying more books as I have my novel and tons and tons of reading for my course to do....but these books sounded so good.

The first one is "A New Earth" Its the Oprah book club one..its suppose to totally empower you..change you life. They said that about "eat pray love" and I didn''t 'get it'...whoever said it was like a pity party book about her life and break up...said it so correctly!

The other one, is a novel. Its called "the memory keeper's daughter" It says its about a doctor who, because of a blizzard is forced to deliver his own twins. The boy is healthy, but the daughter has down syndrome...but he tells the nurse to take it into town to an institution. Instead she disappears into another city to rasie the child as her own...it says its deeply moving. The authos is Kim Edwards....I'm not sure what one to start with...I'm excited!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm so glad to hear you thought the same about Eat Pray Love - I just grasp on to anyone who feels the same way lol.....

Let me know about this new book - I missed the big live thing on Oprah.com but would like to know about the book....I am always wary about these books - like The Secret and other life changing books so it will be interesting to hear....

I never finished The Memory Keepers Daughter. I think I probably will one day - buut maybe in the Summer.....it's quite a depressing story and I hear it doesn't cheer up at all and I think in Winter I need something cheery and light - but maybe in the Summer I will finish it!

Enjoy and let us know how you enjoy them!