Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Thursday, August 31, 2006

=ramblings=

Tonight I was thinking. There is so much that I do for others. Yet, seldomly do ppl return favors or do things back. I always just call ppl to 'just call' yet ppl call when they need something. I can always tell that certain ppl need something when they call, because they are doing just that...calling. Its really sad. I am busy too, but I always try to keep in touch with ppl. I believe in working hard for friendships, relationships and even with my staff. I like random things done to me or said to me. Random is nice. Showing appreciation is nice. Showing that person that you care about them, not only when they need to hear...is nice. Whenever someone needs you or when you are feeling down that is when ppl come out with all of these nice things to say to you. But why not just randomly? At work, I give staff little cards and other nice things. I will come in with hot choclates for everyone...just nice things. Not waiting until they are totally stressed out, and on the verge of quitting do I tell them how much I appreciate them. I love when the kids bring me a freshly picked flower, just because or they make me a card...just to say I love you mom. Its so thoughtful. And as adults we appreciate things like that and knowing that we appreciate do we do it??? They say its the ppl who you care about the most, that you treat the worst. I have seen some friends of mine, go far distances for 'friends' that they aquire and yet do nothing for those who have been friends with them forever. "Make new friends, keep the old...the new ones are silver the old ones are gold" sooooo true. I have friends from daycare. Sure, we don't talk daily...but we have worked hard to keep in touch with one another. If you don't work hard, you loose those ties. Anyhow, nothing in particular sparked this. But I just feel like getting it out on 'paper'. I love that I have friends that I can call and that call me just-to-call. I call Lisa every morning on the way to work, to see how her morning is going. She wishes me a happy day and we talk the next day. Its just something neat. Some days that my cell is dead (eye roll) I don't call but call her later or she calls me later and says "why didn't you call!" its just neat. Take Danielle, now we only talk 2 times a year. She has called me EVERY single birthday. We met when I switched schools in grade 8. She was my first friend in Leduc. She has literally called me EVERY birthday since then. I am always amazed when she calls me...expecting one year that she forgets, but hasn't yet. Things like that, wow me. My friend Kim. She emails me, we met in daycare. We were like 4 years old. We graduated kindergarten together. She sends me Christmas cards all of the time. I am bad for cards though :) I vow every year to send them out, even take the time to FILL them out and never send them out..bad.

No comments: