Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Christmas...

Can you believe that we booked our Christmas holidays and we couldn't even get the hotel/room/town that we wanted. ITS that busy already. We booked at Jasper but we were hoping for Lake Lousie. The kids are going to be super happy as they will be able to ski the mountains. Speaking of skiing I have yet to buy them their passes..bad. As well, I am going to buy him skis each. They plan to ski 2-3 times a week this year. It will be great for them :)

So, this will be the first year that we don't go to Fort Mac in sooo long. Its kinda going to be sad. Growing up, I loved Christmas up there. All of my family live up there, we would go up there and totally celebrate. I have very fond memories of it up there. Now as a parent when we go up there its such a great feeling. I won't be seeing my dad this year either as he lives up there. We aren't going up there as there isn't room for us anymore. We have been staying at my sisters house. When we first started going up there there was 2 bedrooms for us to stay in. But now that my nephews have been born those 2 rooms are taken now. And, the spare room in the basement is now the nannies room. We have no space. So we decided to go away. My sister and her family will be joining up, as will my mom. We will invite Fabe's parents as well. We booked 3 suites. One for my mom, for us and for my sister. It will be so lovely. The hotel has full kitchens so we will be able to bring our own food, I hate eating fast food all the time. So, it will be great. The days that my children go skiing I will swap with my sister (I don't ski) and watch her kids and they can take mine skiing. I can't wait to just hang out by a pool, fireplace or mountain side. Siiiiiiigh. Only 149 (??) Days until Christmas!!! Due to the cost of the hotel, the kids will have to take a cut in gifts. This is an extra $____.__ amount spent so hopefully they catch on.

No comments: