Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Friday, August 11, 2006

TGIF!!!

Yeah :)
Another Friday! Well work has still be busy! The sick staff, is STILL sick. The one I just hired is taking 2.5 weeks off for a trip...she is going to be let go when she gets back. She has been totally unrelaible...so sorry for her! Anyhow. Licensing came yesturday. I called in the morning and made sure that everyone who was suppose to be there was there...they were. So, I said...I am going to be in around 10am. I was going to read the newspaper and just relax. Well, the phone rings, its the daycare. What now?!?!?! Our licensing officer just walked in. I rushed to get ready and off I went. The review was really good. She is happy with everything. So I am happy :) Today, I let 2 staff go home early. We all deserve a break after our last few weeks have been hell. I left work at 1pm. Nice! Got the kids from daycamp and went to my moms. My mom is dog-sitting my sisters lab. Well, my mom lives on the river valley...and there are always homeless ppl around where she lives (a field that she walks the dog too) well last night, he was rolling around in the grass in the trees down there and ROLLED INTO HUMAN FECES!!!! YUCK!!!!!! *gag* so she tried the best that she could to get it off with the garden hose. But today, I couldn't even pet him without thinking about it...so I got some disposiable gloves and got him to get into the bathtub and shampooed him like 5 times! And conditioner..so he was MUCH better. My mom was so happy! Anyhow, she loaded up the van and off they went for the weekend. The kids LOVE going to the lake. I was thinking, I really should have gone with my mom for the weekend...just her and I and the kids. But, I didn't. We have SO much going on right now with the house. One of the moms that I have become friends with, her hubby is going to do our floors for us. So, I have to call my flooring sales guy and order the laminate for the top floor and the basement. I can't wait to get it all done. *IF* it is nice tomorrow, I am painting the front porch. Next weekend, Fabe is off and we are going to the lake :) I am HOPING to take Monday off and then we can stay longer. Fabes mom has been begging for the kids. So, they are going there on Tuesday night until Friday night. Then I will pick them up Friday night and Saturday head to the lake. I took Monday off work! I had to. I NEED to do something with my kids...I have been working waaaay to much! So we will do something fun Monday, Fabe is off too :) I am hoping to take off a day a week now again. We have Calgary planned for a few nights...I can't wait :) I have to buy the kids their season ski passes by Aug. 31st for a reduced rate. And I have to get them in lessons again this year. We are going away for Christmas this year...to the mountains so I want them skiing really, really good.

I can't believe that Kennedy will be in school all day now...wow. Time has gone by soooo fast for her...Mack in grade 5! Wow. Today I was looking through the flyers in the morning with the kids. Asking what kinds of backpacks they want. Kennedy said a Bratz one or Hello Kitty. Mack said anything name brand...omg!!!!! As if! He seen a Airwalks on that he wants so I will try to go get it tomorrow. I am planning to do some back to school shopping tomorrow. But today, I was waiting until 5pm to pick up something and had to kill time. So, I went to Shoppers. They had a Bratz pink backpack there!!!! PLUS, a matching pencil case! ANNNNNDDDD, the matching lunch kit! So, I HAD to buy it. She will LOVE it :) She has TONS of back to school clothes..Mack needs more tho. So, I might head to the mall tomorrow (OH DARN, I have to shop!!!) and get him some stuff...So yeah. They need their supplies bought too! I don't know when Kennedy starts dance. Or even what night she is registered for. Nothing. This year, its an hour and a half long! She needs new tap shoes and jazz slippers. No more ballet for her now for a few years! Holy, this is going to add up! Today, I spent 70 on FRUIT snacks and JUNK for lunches. I thought that I better start buying it now...so then I have a good supply. Kennedy eating lunch at school is going to be SUCH an issue! No one will be there to force her to eat...(great!) Mack is going to invite his best friend, Nick to the lake with him this weekend. Kennedy cried, she wanted to bring someone too...thats just work tho. Maybe next year. We have been reading a new novel. Its Called "Bud, not Buddy" the kids thought that it was going to be 'boring' because of the cover. Well, they are SO into it now. And last night, Mack said "I guess its true, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover" cute :) Anyhow, its about a little black boy who is in foster care. Its pretty sad, some of the homes that he has been in. When we end a chapter they are so eager to hear more the next night. No reading to them tonight! I got a few black character novels from Scholastic, they love them. Well, anyhow. Tonight I came home from dropping them off. Put away my groceries. Grabbed my newest book, "breathing for a living" which I bought off Book Closeouts. Well, I stopped reading it. I can't anymore. It is about a young girl with CF. She is 21 and tells her life story and journal enteries about how she is feeling everyday and after the transplant how sick she is...and it didn't really help her...and yeah. I just stopped. Too close to home. I like to remain POSTIVE about her disease...not read it like that...ugh. So, I have to go to my box in the basement, lay that one to rest and find another one. There is one in mind..Tonight, Fabe is working. I am snuggled up in Mack's favorite blanket and going to do absolutely nothing (prepare for my shopping day tomorrow!!!!!!) anyhow. Take care

No comments: