Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Goodwill shopping today!

My new vintage casserole dish.


Nativity 'guys', Kennedy is going to make the barn from a shoe box.






Have I mentioned it lately, how much I looove Goodwill? Looove it! I was happy with all of their Christmas stuff there because I love older treasured stuff and thats what it is. My favorite find was the Mrs.Claus (down below). Also, I love the casserole dish I got...totally old and vintage. With my new house, I want to have a collection of dishes. I don't want them all to match. I want different things, older things. I have been buying kitchen stuff that will 'go' with my house but it has uniqueness to it. I use to think that the dishes all had to match and what not. But now I prefer for them to be a collection of things that I like. So, thats my plan. I haven't bought *a* dishset, I have bought pieces here and there of pieces that I love. So, we'll see how it goes. I look forward to hitting Goodwill on a more regular basis. I mainly will shop for decor things...as I don't need any kitchen stuff ( I have too much!).
The candles are from Shoppers. I am using only battery operated candles for now on. I have tried to avoid anything with fire hazards so needless to say, NO candles will be burnt in my house anymore. I love candle light, but I need to use fake ones. Thats not to say under direct supervision we might ligh one, like Jane (from escapingthecity.blogspot.com ) shared her candle-lit dinner idea, I might try that...but they will be blown out immediately!!! I'm very pleased that there is such a good selection of battery operated candles. Today I found tealights at Shoppers!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

You know, I am the SAME way about candles!!! I am TERRIFIED of them....I've always been soooo afraid of fireand of course since yours and since they found out about our house problems I've been even more afraid of fires :( but yes I don't have candles lit here either. We only ever have them at dinner on occasion - and yes it makes for a LOVELY dinner ;) I did have a scented one by the bath a LONG time ago but I felt safer having it by water.

It scares me when I think of people having them dotted around the home or leaving them lit. Can you imagine all those years ago when people lit their Christmas trees with them - and their homes were totally lit with them!!! OMG!!!!

Great finds today by the way - Susannah LOVES Wimpy Kid - your book looks great and I LOVE the casserole dish!!