Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, March 04, 2007

quick update.

Well my sister and Annie (the nanny!) left about 30 mins ago. I just finsihed cleaning the mainfloor and mopping. So I am up here on here while it is drying.

Anyhow, well Tanner continued to puke. It was really really sad and I hate seeing him like that. Anyhow, finally Friday night we took him to the emergency vet and they wanted to admit him right away for fluids. After getting the quote (and his not puking the whole 2.5 hours there) we declined and came home. The quote was 1100-1900 for the night for fluids. How pathetic is that? Rip off or what! So instead we left with a 352.00 bill for blood work and a Zantac shot. They called later with his results and said that his liver and pancreatic enzymes were off a bit, but could be due to his puking and being dehydrated. Anyhow. That whole night he was perfect and slept in the bed with my sister the whole night. Woke up, he was doing well. Ate some of his food. We (mom, Annie, sister, Kennedy and I=just the girls!) went out shopping for the whole day! I bought some beautiful capris from Costco (I never could fit their sizes before!!!) I bought 4 pairs!!!! Heheheh!!! Then, we did south common and Tommy, Rafters, Dollarama and did lunch. We came home. Puke in 2 places. Ugh. My sister got ready and went out. Tanner did well. I gave him some of the gasto-formula for dogs and water and he ate that. 2 hours later, puked it up. Sister came home. They went down to bed. She said about 2 am he puked. So she slept on the couch in the living room (close to the back door). He didn't puke anymore. This morning, he ate abit and drank. So hopefully he keeps it down this time. They left so we will see. I feel sooooo bad for him. I just pray that it is nothing. AND, furthermore if you are reading this and ever considering a dog...or a cat for that matter...think about things like that. The UNexpected things that happen to them and you HAVE to pay from your pocket for them. Tanner is very dehydrated however my sister refuses to take him down here. Her plan is to get him up there so that he can see his own yet and get the results from the blood work down here. She said its a matter or today or tomorrow but if he keeps on puking then she said tonight she will take him in. Knowing that more then likely he will get admitted and be on IV until they figure it out. He's a older dog, almost 9 years old and like humans very young and very old become sicker faster. Every time I looked at him my tears ran down my face. I just love him so much and will be soooo heartbroken when he dies :( :( :( :(

Anyhow. Tears runnin down my face. I just pray to God that he will be okay. He just looks sick and sleeping soooo much.

Anyhow. Last night Mack went to a birthday party. They went swimming at West Ed and then slept over at his friends house (our neighbor, actually.) Kennedy went with my mom for the night. Fabe is at work. And it is just Bandit and I. Like I said, I am just cleaning up the dog hair from Tanner and tidying up the house.

When Mack gets home I have to run to the store and buy some stuff. We have no toilet paper, laundry soap, milk, etc. So yeah...its going to be the 'expensive run', so we call it. LOL!

To top off everything with Tanner, my sisters van (yes, the one that the engine blew on her way down here for Christmas...the 2003 caravan). the transmission is going. Its been acting up. Then, her kids and her hubby are in New Foundland for 2 weeks and due to come home tongiht. Well, due to the storm down there their flight is delayed. Yesturday West Jet called them and told them the earliest is Thursday however they today were told with some delays and another flight they can leave tomorrow. SO, new plans. My mom is going to pick them up from the airport tomorrow night. They will stay overnight here. And Fabe will take them to the airport early Wednesday morning. He doesn't want to miss work as they told him these days are now out of his vacation time. So he will work Wed. night now. So yeah.

I have nothing really planned for this week. Just get my house back to normal. Its suppose to be nice all week so dog park lots.

4 weeks until my Vegas tirip (IF Fabe gets his passport in time!!!)

Tara

1 comment:

Jane said...

Keep us updated about Tanner...he's a gorgeous dog!