Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, March 19, 2007

Menu planning.

So as a part of trying to get more organzied in my life. I am going to start (attempt at least!) to meal plan for a week at a time. I already got the recipes all written out. They are very simple activities and they are easy and fast to make. But the best thing, is that they are fairly healthy too. So, I am going to shop for it tonight and start tomorrow. On the menu for tomorrow is Crispy Salsa Chicken served with Kraft dinner and steamed vegetables on the side. My plan is to take simple things (like KD) and add a healthier item with it to be served (chicken and veggies). Thats not the best example, but hopefully I will follow up with this and cook soemthing every day and then you can hear about the yummy meals that I will be making (lol) I am *so* not a cooker. But yet, I swore that when I stayed at home I would cook meals. Yeah, didn't go that way. I prefer baking over cooking. I prefer eating baking then eating cooked stuff (lol). But anyhow. Yeah, so thats my plan.

This is how things are looking and my to do list:

1) this weekend totally organize my house and the kids rooms.

2) meal/menu plan and have the ingredients on hand so that they are ready to cook

3) have a housecleaner come in weekly to do bathrooms, floors and the time-consuming cleaning items.

For the kids rooms:

-go through their clothing and get rid of the small/not worn items
-get rid of the toys which aren't being used
-get shelving for both of their rooms
-sand and repaint the top of Kennedys white dresser

Plans for the house are:

-paint feature walls
-get the art up on the walls


I have been already planning my plans for the yard:

-take down old fireplace, and buy a new fireplace kit with a brick circle so that chairs can be secure on the ground.
-have flowers everywhere.
-add to my bird feeder collections
-put mouse poision under the shed (so they don't eat the bird food and keep living in my yard!) ewww!!!!
-organzie the shed so that I have a work area in there for re-potting and what not.

So as you can see, I have lots of plans.

Now, check in with me in a few weeks and see if I have done ANY of it :) Maybe...maybe not :)

2 more weeks until Vegas (I think, still no passport for Fabe) but theres still hope :)

Tara

2 comments:

Jane said...

wholewheat pasta takes 10 minutes to cook.....while its cooking mix milk, a little flour and some grated cheddar in a pan and heat.....stir until thickens..add a little pepper.....

Easy peasy and so much better than KD....I like eating KD but my friend told me its like 7 or 9 points or something for a cup! And a cup isn't very much.

I wish I was organized about meal planning.....I usually decide around lunchtime what to have for dinner that night....

Cheerios_Addict said...

I meal plan too. It makes things easier to come home from work and know what's for supper. Sometimes we'll deviate because we have a craving for something else but the meal plan keeps us from ordering out as often.