Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Friday, June 08, 2007

So today was sad.

Today was the memorial for the children who were killed at that horrible car accident by Drumheller...Kyle and Sara attended the school that my daycare is in. We seen Kyle daily as our daycare kinders went to school with him. Anyhow, he was a cutie as was his sister. The memorial was heart-wrenching...I cried the whole time. Seeing 'my' kids sooooo upset, it was heartbreaking. Seeing the teachers, ugh. Horrible. The fathers of the children attended, and that was horrible to watch them break down. As a mother, feeling those feeling...I just can not imagine. It was so sad...anyhow the ceremony was lovely though. The grade 2's (Saras class) did a lovely poem with actions about Sara being like a butterfly...once she was a caccoon on this earth then one day she left and had wings and flew away to a better place and 'we will miss Sara here with us, but one day we will see her again" and yeah, SAD. The kinders, they were upset too. They spelled out LOVE and the kinder-teacher was a wreck! Its her first year of teaching. And she said that she had to tell Kyle all of the time, "Don't go anywhere without asking me first" she said that Friday he spoke of them going 'as a family' to see their baby brothers daddy in Drumheller. Sara told her later that day, "Kyle thinks you are the best teacher" she laughed "I was his only teacher!" she said that Kyle always needed to be reminded to let a teacher know that he was going somewhere, and she cried "and he didn't tell us this time that he was going anywhere..." she said how he always had the most sparkly eyes... :( Anyhow...yeah. Afterwards, so many children had to go to the office for greif councelling...some to call parents to pick them up, others went home with their parents. I just wanted to go home and hugs my kids and tell them that I love them so much...I went to the kinders after (they spotted me and another staff) crying and wiping our tears and they were so concerned...after we went up to them and they said "today was sad teacher Tara, I saw you" and I just hugged them all...I just wanted to tell them (each and everyone of them) that they are so special to me. I honestly don't know how I would deal with loosing one of my daycare kids...anyhow. It was a hard hard day.

After that, I went and picked up Kenendy from my MIL's house and then brought her back to work with me for a few hours. Then we headed home, and I got her ready for dance. It was a busy, straining day and I am looking really forward to tomorrow to get out of the city and head to the lake for a weekend. My friend and her kids are coming out with us too. Fabe is off, so thats nice.

Tara

2 comments:

Jane said...

Lloyd wants to know why I'm crying at the computer...your writing about the memorial has me in tears :(

Such a tragedy.

Sharon said...

I cannot imagine!!!