Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, June 24, 2007

10 years ago today.

I was a young almost 22 year old mother, with a 7 month old son. Really, sleep deprived. Mack was the type of baby who was VERY needy...I made him that way tho. I tended to his every single need, before he needed it. Fabe and I were no where near serious in our relationship. I mean, this was an unplanned pregnancy. My mom was loving the fact of being a grandma and had Mack all of the time. I had a cool condo downtown and was attending Alberta College for upgrading...but in a few more months I would be leaving this city to attend College in Fort McMurray. Fabe decided not to come with me, so I went alone. I got into student family housing for college students, had a 3 bedroom place with a bedroom for Mack and me to share and 2 empty ones left over. I hated being up there. But I stuck it through. Mack celebrated his first B-day up there and as soon as school was done, I was back to Edm. Fabe came up to see us and we came down often too...it was this year that we both soon realized that we needed more of a commitment to each other. We hated being apart. That year, no matter how much I hated living up there taught me so much. I relied on my mom to help me parent my young son, but after that year I knew that I could do it alone. Fabe realized he needed to settle down with us and be more in tune with me.

Some times its the most hardest times, that teach us the best lessons.

Anyhow, just wanted to share :)

And did I mention my son wants to move his room down to the BASEMENT to have his 'own space'.....

waaaahhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: