Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Years Eve...
















Well it didn't quite go as planned. We started the night off with heading to the "Sawridge Hotel" as they had an amazing ice sculpture display and an outdoor fire going. We went there and enjoyed the fire for a while-it was FREEEEEZING out! Anyhow, took photos and what not. We got back to the hotel and I opened up the blowers and party hats. Fabe was gonna make wings, etc while I took the kids swimming. The pool was 'dead'. There was my 3 in there and another little girl. I called over to fabe (on my cell phone to tell him we would be only a while more). I was out of the pool on the lounger chair when the power went off. PITCH black! Kennedy began to panic (my kids hate power failure since the fire since we dealt with power issues/failures at the old house before the fire!). I was trying to tell her to calm down...go to the side of the pool and she was saying she can't see it and she was scared something was in the water and omg! Finally Mack found her (and she was in the deep end when the power went off!). Freaky! Anyhow, my cell was ringing and ringing. I knew it was Fabe calling. 2 mins later he came over and helped me get them out and find their clothing and what not. It was scary! They REALLY should have emergnecy lighting in there as they do in the restaurant. It was 11:30-ish and finally I went to bed. Power came back on about midnight but it was ruined by then (lol). But still, it was a great night!

1 comment:

Jane said...

How terrifying for K in the pool and I can't believe they don't have emergency lighting - you'd think that would be law!!! It's really something you don't think about until it happens!!! What a time for that to happen too - on New Years Eve :(

New Years Eve has never been that big a deal for me though - one year I want to have a BIG party here at the house - just waiting for the stupid basement to be finished properly and then we will.... but otherwise we don't do much.

Those ice carvings are beautiful. We went to Lake Louise one year and they were stunning there too!