Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Saturday, May 19, 2007

What to do.

So, my mom went last night with the kids to the lake. We are suppose to meet her there, however its VERRRRY crappy there. Which is fine with me, as we can just relax and watch movies the whole time. The kids want to stay but my mom brought my uncle with her, who wants to go home. So, my mom took our truck with our Ikea couch to the lake. We have all of the cushions here, and I mean this is a BIG sectional with pillows that remove for the backing. I have 3 feet tall piles of cushions by the front door ready to go...3 of those piles that are 3-feet tall. So needless to say, its one load in itself. So, Fabe and I could go out and then keep the kids with us and my mom could come back to Edm with my uncle. Which is all fine and dandy. OR, she could come back now and we won't bother wasting our time (and gas!!!) to go today since its crappy anyhow. I dunno what to do. We shall see. Plus, the guy DID NOT finish the taping and mudding of the cabin so we can't even waste time painting there either..grrr!!!!

Anyhow.

Last night was nice. I put away ALL of the laundy. Tidied up the h0use. The kids left. Fabe got home fairly early and we just hung out in bed and watched tv for a few hours. We were asleep by midnight. We woke up to my mom calling at 9am. (((yawn))) Then, I ran to McD's for breakfast for us. (yummy!) and we had coffee and then read the paper. Fabe called my mom again, and she said its hailing there now!!!! YUCK!

So we aren't sure what to do. We are going to add up Fabe's receipts for taxes (still haven't filed!!! opps!!!) and get that ready so we can get them done this week. And, thats about it.

The house is toasty warm, with my yummy burner thingy burning...feels and smells so good in here.

If the kids come back then tomorrow we are going to take them to Fabe's moms house as they haven't slept there forever and she asks ALL of the time for them...

I feel like going to get a hotel room with the kids and just let them swim and at least enjoy something about their long weekend. Poor kids.

I am beyond stressed at my job. Due to accreditation and staff issues. Everything is on my lap and I have SOOOOOOoooooOOOO much to do and get done. I am not liking my job, and I have always said when I get 'this' feeling its time to move on. I love the kids, but wish sometimes it wasn't me running the whole daycare...I wish that I was a worker in the room and didn't have to worry about anything...then my friend suggested with my 'level 3' through an agency I would get 750.00 a month JUST for being a dayhome through them(plus the income from the kids you care for)!!! I wouldn't take 3-4 kids, only 2. Its so tempting! It would be a loss of money a month, but sometimes you have to loose some, to gain some...happiness! Its very temptimg, honestly. I will think about it. If I knew of a family with 2 kids that needed care, that would be great. Only 2 kids, could take them swimming, field trips, crafts, etc. I would love being at home (most days!) and I would enjoy it. Of course, more then a few fiends thought that this would be crazy to quit my job and do this...(lol) and maybe it is...I dunno. I feel like I am working too much (again) and if anyone knows me, they know that I like to keep busy but not necessarily be busy. I like to have it at a slow pace. My work, has been that but lately its too rushed. We are on a strict timeline to get accreditated and I don't know if staff can pull off what they need too...in order to get it done. They are lacking motivation and yeah, I dunno!!!!! Either this, or a part time social work job again...which I have looked into. I actually (lol) have an interview on Thursday for a part time position working with teen moms in a supported home. There is a home, with 2 teen moms who are raising their babies. The one upstairs is 15 and has a 1 month old, the one down is 17 with an 18 month old and is 6 months pregnant...I would work at the house and help them and basically do life skills things...thats my favorite, working with teen moms...but its on the northside. There is a south side healing agency starting up, with the same agency looking for a full timer worker and its pays more them my current job (and I am pretty well paid!) and they are looking for a main supervisor for that house...so I dunno. I know that I have many many options, thankfully..but I am not sure what to do. I guess, I am working to live and I like to live to work...enjoy my work not work because I 'have' too. I mean, I could go part time, or not work but I am accustomed to my life style now. I am missing doing meaningful things...I am still going ahead with the weekend respite care for a child...through the YWCA. We are all approved, but I just have to get new police clearances, and child welfare checks and send them in. Then they will place us. We are going to take the same child every month for only 1 weekend. That will help me. I have 'that' calling feeling, I think that I blogged about it..but I feel that I have a calling. And, I am NOT sure what it is...something with kids. I LOVE kids...maybe I need to find 2 dayhome kids who come from a hard life and I will feel that I making a difference in their lives...exposing them to 'normal' life things...I dunno. Its soooo frusterating not knowing what the hell my calling is. Fabe thinks its me feeling the need for another baby.. (???) but I don't think so. If I wanted one, its NOT hard to make one (lol). I don't know....adopt? I don't want to foster...but thats why I thought the weekend thing. Maybe the dayhome thing. Someone reading this, give me your thoughts. HELP!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

MLS®: E3084719

check this one out...Hillside Park is really nice.....Its where I run :)

Its the price you were looking for as well....in fact its only $485,000

I lost your email...can you email it to me again please :)