Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Update and I'm back :o)

I'm hoping that I will stick to it. I have been missing it, and I do love doing it.

Here's a mini-catch up:

* I still love being back in my old neighborhood in my new house. I feel so safe being back in my old hood-I feel for the neighbors who still have not been able to move back. Their house is pretty much done, just the cleaning and what not. I can't wait for them to have the same feeling of being back home after such a horrible experience. Fires still pull heart-strings for me when I hear about them on the news...it breaks my heart to hear when a family looses a house to a fire (or worse, a family member)...I do realize that we were SO lucky to have gotten out of our house when we did (thank God!)

* The kids are loving summer break, although it doesn't feel like we are doing 'much' because we are camping every weekend. We are planning on heading to Calgary for a night to do the Zoo and Calaway. But other then that, the last few remaining weeks we will spend as much time at the lake as possible and just soak up the sun. Kennedy has done 1 daycamp and she will be there next week for "Camp Rock!" it should be fun. Helps to break up her summer a little bit.

* I am watching a little girl (Miss E, I will call her) only part time. Her mom was stuck for child care and I'm home so I offered and its just what I needed. She keeps me busy but not 'stressful' busy-just 'enjoyable' busy. We do crafts and fun things. I really am enjoying it actually. She is 15 months old and already has my heart in her hand.

* Fabe is working Monday-Friday which has been great! Lots of weekends at the lake!

* Mack's braces will be getting off soon. In Sept. they will be removing his wisdom teeth (*ouch*) they haven't even began to come up yet...my poor boy. They are taking them out already because they want to remove his braces (9 months of having them on only!) but they don't want too until his wisdom teeth are out as they will come up and cause his teeth to shift. His gap closed up so nicely...he has beautiful teeth now. So happy we did it!

* Mack has began his 1st year of Football. Fabe is volunteering as the 'trainer' which is sitting on the bench and attending to 1st Aide issues...

* Kennedy finished her outdoor season of soccer and now will be doing indoor this year...

* Kennedy was very sick 2 weeks ago with another bowel obstruction, it was very horrible pain for her. Thankfully they were able to fix it without surgery-its the damn scar tissue from her previous bowel surgery!

*Mack will be heading into grade 9 and Kennedy grade 5 in Sept! Wow!!!!

* We have applied for foster parents again. We are ready to jump back into it, we are just awaiting out license appointment and we are good to go-we are already all approved. We aren't sure what age yet-we will see. It will be a surprise!

*The house has come along so nicely. I'm pretty much all settled in and set up. I absolutely love it. Can't wait for the landscaping (to have grass!) and we will be completley 'back to normal'.


For September the plans are to continue to watch Miss E and she and I will register for some literacy based programs. I plan to make it a ritual to blog very often again. Comments make it more appealing though ;o)

I hope your all well. Check back often (and comment!)...enjoy August!

No comments: