Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some things from around the house...


The desk getting ready for delivery...check out the before shots of it...

Before...ugh!



































Well this summer I have taken a very keen liking to altering some 'things'. Now when I go second-hand shopping I see things that are filled of potential. But I knew that I had things hanging around this house that have potential as well. And really, why buy more things when I already have stuff around here?






I bought an awesome painted photo from Goodwill a year ago with a yucky colored frame. I simply sprayed it down to another color more suitable and its perfect now. You will see the green crib. Well that was mine from when I was a little girl, actually it started off as my sisters play crib when I was a baby but I have actually slept in it when I was a baby...it was in the garage when our fire happened and luckily it wasn't too badly burnt, it was covered it smoke and showed signs of being in a housefire but didn't actually 'burn'. Anyhow, I sanded it and painted it with this LOVELY green of Martha Stewart paint and it looks brand new, it now is in my basement for Baby E to play with with her dollies. It will be passed along to Kennedy next...








Then the pine table I bought, which has a matching sofa table (not done it yet)..I LOVE love love the look of the off white-so shabby chic! Sadly, I have NO place for these in my house so I will have to get rid of them but I simply LOVE them...








But by far, my most time consuming task has been a desk that I got off Kijiji for 20.00. It was a white old (yucky) desk. It had shelf liner on the top of it so when I peeled it off I was greeted with a horrible top...it required ALOT of sanding..finally I finished it off with the same Martha paint as the green crib and sprayed the hardware with purple glitter spray...check out the photos! I was very proud of this desk. I didn't have anything to do with it, so I gifted my friend's daughter with it for her new room along with new bedding and decals for the wall to match...








I'm looking forward to doing some chairs (again, not sure where they will go) but I bought myself a purple Debbie Travis staple gun and I look forward to doing some chairs with funky materials. I may even get brave enough and do my own dining chairs as the WHITE (who puts WHILE material on chairs anyhow!?) is very worn...we'll see!

2 comments:

Kylie's Mom said...

Love the furnityre re-do. You've inspired me, I've been meaning to repaint Kylie's dresser for ages...I think we'll run out to get the paint this evening.

Did you use the new all-in-one paints or a separate primer and then paint? Not sure if those primer paints are any good.

Cfmommy said...

Hey Susan- Yeah, I used the primer first then a paint. Seperately. I have seen the 'all in one' but I;m keeping it old school and doing it this way. Its funny, in my old house Kennedy had a bedroom set that I loved but it was worn...had I known that 'I could do it!" then I would have back then...it was soooo simple and the results were amazing!!!!! Have Fun!