Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My BIG project..











So, many months ago I did meal planning. It made my life WAY easier when I had it actively going. Then I stopped. Why. I don't know...but since then its the SAME battle 'what to make for supper'...its very annoying and just adds additional worry to all of the things that needs to be accomplished. Today I did it. I took a pile of my favorite books (traditional cooking with oven and slowcooker recipes) and I headed up to the loft by the printer/copier and I picked out family friendly recipes and photo copied them...
This is how I did it:
1) Gather your favorite recipe books.
2) Find a comfy spot, by a printer/copier
3) Find recipes that you know your family will enjoy (and you know its an recipe you will actually do!)
4) Copy them out of the recipe book
5) Write out a week of recipes (Meat, side dish and a veggie) (day 1, 2, 3,etc up to day 7-or more!)
6) Write down the groceries you will need (forsure pantry stuff, frozen items, etc)
7) Go shopping.
8) Be prepared to look at whats for supper VS. WORRY about whats for supper...
I left the parishables (fresh buns, fresh veggies, etc) for a shop before the recipe...since we have to do the usual grocery shop for bread, milks, etc.
I look forward to being able to LOOK at my sheet each day/night and preparing what I can the night before (slowcooker stuff) so that come supper times, its a smooth transition rather then how its been: stressful.
So I have Week 1 complete. My groceries are bought, pantry is stocked and my recipes are posted in the pantry on the bulletion boards. I'm ready...
Today, since feeling so inspired I made a new recipe. It turned out really good. It was a perfect day since Mack has football tonight so it was a simple yet filling supper. I made corn for the side dish along with a fresh salad.
I have taken a photo of the recipe just in case anyone out there wants it...it got great reviews from Fabe and Mack. We added a blob of Sour Cream on the top to finish it off.

1 comment:

joanne said...

My boys love that corn bake recipe.