Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday!

Well Kennedy's appt was crazzzy long. I hate that, they always take forever! Anyhow, all is good BUT, she has been having lots of tummy pains. Not 'sick' type of pains but hurting-pains. Anyhow, the dr is concerned as she has been having this forever...we had her appendix removed and 3 years ago her gallbladder. Anyhow, she still has the pains which we thought was gallstone attacks. The surgeon on the other hand, said 'no, its not her gallbladder, but since she has gall stones we are going to remove it". So we did so. Every once in a while her tummy still has 'attacks', if you will. They last 15 mins and then she is fine. Doesn't matter before or after eating....sleeping or awake. They just happen. Anyhow, so he checked her tummy over...it was very loud. Something that he said sometimes when you have had tummy surgery, little scar tissues begin to form and increase in size....since she had her small bowel operated on at birth...and she has a HUGE scar from hip to hip...he thinks that she has too much tissue built up in there and that its causing the bowel to actually kink up while 'stuff' is travelling through the bowel. He thinks that its causing a partial obstruction (which we have had before!!!). SO, he is doing an ultrasound to rule out anything else that it could be...but it also could be her liver as her liver enzymes have been elevated in the past (which she takes meds daily for) but he just wants to make sure its not enlarged or anything weird. So she has an ultra sound Oct 29th @ 7:45 am. From there, we will see. He asked Kennedy to leave the room and go get a cookie or chocolate milk (in the little waiting area) and so she did. Then he said the *S* word...surgery. He will wait to see the ultrasound results, which he suspects will be normal then he will talk with her surgeon (Dr. Lees) to see what he thinks...and they might have to go in there and laser some tissue away....greeeeat! The issue he said is, the more we keep going in...the more we are risking it only happening every few years still. She has had SOOOO many surgeries now...lets see...bowel resection, appendix, gall bladder, sinuses, adenoids, PICC line and now possibly this....man oh man. My poor baby. But they know her well there....Kennedy is TOUGH. For this girl to complain to anyone...is telling us that there is something going on. So thankfully I don't have to plead that to them..they just know.

Anyhow, hopefully everything will be fine. They are super happy with her weight gain of 2 pds since June. She is in the 50-75th percentile for height and weight. Good good. Her lungs are/were nice and clear..and I said 'were' because EVERY time we come back from the clinic she ends up with a cold/cough. Yup, today she said she coughed SO much at school and her cough sounds yucky! But, I'm not too worried...we will just increase her treatments and she will be fine. A dr that we use to see, saw us at the hospital yesturday...she is great! She saw Kennedy and was like "omg!!! Kennedy you look SO good...oh wow, you look just great! Oh my gosh, you look wonderful! You are doing so good!" she was so sweet! She said "mom, you are just doing awesome!!!! Look at her! She looks excellent!" I was secretly smiling...someone can appreciate the hard work we do...there was a mom at the CF clinic with 2 GREAT looking CF children. I mean, they both looked AWESOME! They both had just the right amount of fat on them. They were a boy and girl. The mom, came out while they got weighed...wrote down in her little notebooks about their weight gains...she could compare it to their last few visits...she wrote down their height...the one nurse/medical person said "is that their files?" and kinda laughed...jokingly. The mom said "you know, I have every weight and height measurement in here since they were little..." I thought, wow. What a great idea! I mean, I know in my head her weight and height. And I can always tell if Kennedy has lost or gained (always in her bum!!!) if she has a bum..she's gaining good. If not, then I need to fatten her up! She looks good now. A little bit of a reserve on her. Then there is the extreme different...a girl about 12 years was in the waiting room with us...coughing....she just looked sickly...it was so sad. Plus she was kinda 'awkward' looking too...bad teeth, greasy kinda hair, glasses that didn't fit her shape of her face, and very *very* skinny. So skinny that her skinny jeans...were baggy on her :o( It was sad. Anything can happen with Kennedy's weight too. I know that. But I feel sad for her (this girl) its hard enough being not-the-best-looking then being soooo super skinny...and having to battle to breath and cough all day long. I can't imagine what life might be like for her...God bless her...

I'm very happy with Kennedy. I think she is the most beautiful girl in the world. She is perfect to me...CF or not. I'm lucky to have the most beautiful girl and most handsome boy...how did I ever get so lucky (*smile*). Anyhow...life could be worse...so I am thankful for what I DO have....

Wow, I'm sure typing alot today.

Its 3:35pm. I have a dr's appt for a medical tongiht for the dayhome agency. But today I got offically 'approved' and I'm an offical provider. The little 3 month old is starting next week...yeah!!!! I'm ready for him. Today was Kennedy's early day...so I already picked her up. I have Chicken Supreme in the oven already. Today I cleaned the oven. Tomorrow, I'm very happy as I have NOTHING planned. The last 2 days have been utter rush-days. I hate that....so tomorrow, I will do whatever...the house is clean as I tidied up a bit today...this morning.

I got a Wii Fit...yeah!!!! Its sooooo cool! I'm going to TRY to use it daily...its super fun!

Other then that, not too much is new!

No comments: