Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu planning...

So for the past few weeks now I have been doing up a supper menu for the family (I'm on NutriSystem now) but its been going SO good. The BEST thing I bought while Kennedy was in the hospital was a recipe book that has only 4 ingredients. It makes cooking SO much easier on us unskilled chefs. Anyhow its going really really good...

I don't have the menu here but today was BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes and cauliflower. The ribs were SOOOOO good (I am going on word from my ds)..dh isn't home yet. But, all I did was dump a whole bottle of BBQ sauce in, 2 onions and then 2 racks of ribs in the roaster. I cooked at 350 for 1.5 hours then uncovered for 30 more mins. They were SUPER saucy...there was lots of sauce so the kids ate it over their potatoes.

Tomorrow, I'm doing a slowcooker roast with corn on the side.

I will list off the other things but every week I have been able to make new things. In the book has desserts, sides, drinks and then divided by chicken, pork, beef and turkey. Its really good anyhow..

It sure makes cooking MUCH more enjoyable if you know its easy and fast. I went to Sobeys and bought all of the necessary stuff. The scalloped potato recipe is the easiest using a can of cheddar cheese soup....anyhow...

Just wanted to share :o)

No comments: