Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Thursday, October 16, 2008

a little update...

So last week I found out some unexpected news. We are expecting #3! I was completely shocked and devastated. I love the way our life is right now. And I just can't imagine changing it...but we enjoyed a family weekend away in Canmore last weekend for Thanksgiving and I came to terms with it all. And now I'm fine with it. Everything will be okay...tonight I go to see a family doctor to get a referral to an Ob/Gyn and then hopefully my first ultrasound. Of course, the BIG factor is the 25% chance of having another child with CF. Which is quite a possibility at this point. A 1:4 chance...who knows. Everyone is asking if I will find out while pregnant. I don't think that I can...even if baby has CF he/she will only show that he/she is a carrier...(like Kennedy) as Fabians rare CF gene has not yet been identified..so it complicates getting tested...so I'm not sure. I do imagine they will order a sweat test and possibly an xray to ensure it doesn't have the same obstruction as Kennedy had at birth which required surgery. I just pray that he/she is born healthy...but if it does have CF then at least this time I will be MUCH more prepared and it won't be as devastating as it was when Kennedy was born and diagnosed with it. I won't have to run home to the internet, adjust to giving meds, etc, etc, etc...I will be okay...but I do hope he/she is born without it..but ya never know...

So thats my news!

I'm 6 weeks along...feeling okay....mild headaches....queezy tummy and suuuuuper tired....ugh. Getting Nothing around here! But oh well......

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! :) New babies are well.....just so darn cute to snuggle and hold! All the best to you and your family!

7jays said...

so what does this mean with the dayhome? Are you still taking care of hte little one?

I'm glad that you have come to terms with it. I am sure that it will be a great joy to the whole family!
Congrats again, and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and a very healthy happy little one!

Jane said...

I think it's wonderful news and you needed something to keep you busy at home - You can't KEEP painting the house!!!! ;)

PS. the measures you go to to keep busy so you have an excuse NOT to meet me ;)

Kylie's Mom said...

You've been in my thoughts and I'm happy to hear that things are good. Congratulations again!

~Erin~ said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday wondering how you were doing with the big news. I'm so happy to hear things are good now.