Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to school tomorrow...

You know I am sad about it.

And with Mack going to junior high *sigh* I am feeling really, really nervous about it too. You see, his school (elm. one that Kennedy attends) is a Frech school (but they are in the English program)...but the feeder school USE to be ________ school. But still all of the kids go to that school anyhow, and its 20 mins from home. Its pretty far...so far that he needs to take an ETS bus to get there. Our neighbors child goes there as well, and at least he is in grade 8 this year so he already knows a bit about the school. But I'm not so sure that he will talk to Mack much (is it uncool to talk to a grade 7'er?) so they will ride the bus together, and thats probably about it. So tomorrow I'm talking Mack's best friend and Mack extra early to school to map out their classes and ensure they are able to do their locks for their lockers (provided by the school) so we couldn't have even practiced at home!!!! And then, I will disappear (aka-pay the fees) when the kids all start to arrive...crazy...I wish that I could walk him to class, help him organize his locker to ensure its done in a good fashion to be prepared for class, and I wish that I could help him when he needs it. I feel like I am losing a part of him...which I guess I am. He will no longer 'need' me to come to school (or WANT me too!) anymore....a few years of junior high...then off to high school (insert anxiety attack here!). Plus, him and Kennedy have been at the same school all of these years (3) and now they will never, ever be at the same school ever again...Kennedy will be taking the bus all alone to/from school...he won't be able to watch out for her...no more Christmas concerts of them together....

Ok.

Enough.

This is tearing me up...

So anyhow.

Tomorrow will be a GREAT day where Mack will start on a brand new ADVENTURE of adolescence and he will embark on a new journey to becoming an independent youth...

And I will miss his 'child' like features from being in elementary school...but there will be new and exciting opportunities from him!

Kennedy will do great, she is hoping to be in a certain teachers class (hopefully! mack had her and she was FANTASTIC!)...

Happy back to school day tomorrow !!!!

:0(

No comments: