Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday

Well hello there!

Today is Sunday and I had a good weekend. Friday night, we did nothing. The kids relaxed after a week of school and I totally ENJOYED being home and knowing that I could sleep in the next day!!! It was a loooong long, 12 days with NO weekend. So needless to say, Saturday morning I woke up at 8:30am (but was sleeping by 10:30pm Friday night) so I had a nice long sleep. Saturday we got organized around here. At about noon I took the kids to my moms house. She was taking them to KidsTropolis for the day. I went straight to Superstore as I needed some pictures printed for work and one wedding one blown up for my parents and his parents. Then, Friday night (oh yeah) I was totally organizing photos of the kids and needed some more picture albums. I have been sticking them in there, knowing that I am not going to be scrapbooking them anymore. I have NO desire to scrapbook anymore. But I do want to do projects of scrapbooks. So like, birthday ones, trips,etc. Just not 'general' life ones anymore. Boring. So I am putting them all in albums and at least they are in there safe. So I bought 2 more (1 for each child) and will keep that up. They are the best in order now as they have been sitting and I have been adding new ones. But once I get the old ones all filed I will be having a new album for them from now-end of the year then have them by the years. Lots of work, but you have to do it for your kids! I love that I have SO many pics of them :) They will love it too one day. So yeah. Then I came home, showered and got ready. I met my friend Ronda and her family out in Leduc at the Best Western. We ate and had some drinks. Then, we went to a lounge there, had more drinks. Then, to the bar out there. It was SO funny seeing people from high school. All of the memories. Wow, so neat. I ran into this guy Bryan. We were VERY good friend in junior high. Like, almost best friends. There was never any more then that from either of us. But yeah, last night he came up to me and said "tara?" and I didn't recognize him and he said "do you know who I am?" and I said 'no' he said "its me, Bryan _______" I was like omg!!!! we only chatted for 2 mins and he said "nice seeing you, and take care". Kinda both knowing that we won't probably ever see each other again. Brought back memories. Whenever I go to Leduc and see old friends, its brings back so many memories. Sometimes I just wish I could put my life on pause here and go back and just tell some of the people some things. I was always a very nice person. Honeslty, I wasn't a teaser or bully. I never made fun of people and had friends in every group. I refused to belong to only one group. I had 'friends' that were complete 'losers' (in others eyes) and people would tease me "oh you talked to so-and-so" and made fun of me for talking to people who were viewed that way...but I didn't care. I am SO proud of the trait that my mom passed to me. She always taught me to accept everyone for who they are...not what they are. SO many of my friends based their friends on who they were. If they had money. If they wore the right clothes. I was the type that would help girls out. I remember in elm school a girl who wore horrible clothes for days in the row (the same ones). I came home from school and went through ALL of my clothes and walked a bag over to her house and told her that they are clothes that I no longer wanted...my mom was SO mad as there were clothes that were brand new. But I never ever said anything after that about clothes to her. She would wear my clothes (hers now) and feel so proud in them. I felt so happy inside too. Clothes, isn't it funny how so much of where you will fit in in life is based on looks. How sad is that. I knew/know sooooo many kids/people who are terrific people and they aren't caught up in fashion 'trends' but they are the best of people you will ever meet. Then I know kids/ppl who look awesome but wow, they are ugly on the inside. I often wonder where I fit in. I mean, I like to try to look good. But on no ones expense. I mean, I have had the same clothes for years and years. But I was never one to 'have' to have something because the stars are wearing it. I just have my own style, simple really. I like to believe that I am a good person. I like to think that I care more about ppl then my clothes. Sometimes I wonder if thats what I portray?

Wow- what a deep post. I miss my old days to one point. I have such fond memories growing up and I feel so blessed to have had all of the experiences and exposures that I did. I had a truely wonderful childhood. I just feel 'lost' lately though. I am not ready to 'grow' up but time is flying by. It feels like there should be more to life. I love my life though. I love my husband and my children...my house, my dog, my parents, etc, etc etc. I have so much to be thankful for. But do you ever feel like there should be more. Like you should be doing more? I don't mean material items. I mean, like I should be doing something. Like there is a calling out there for me. What is it though? I can feel that it is there.

Anyhow, I better go run to Sobeys before my mom comes with the kids...

Tara

No comments: