Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday night.

Well, today is going better. My hurt feelings are mending.

Tonight I opted for an easy supper. We had tomato soup and grilled cheeses. I didn't feel like doing much of anything else.

I helped Mack with long division (he needed a refresher) and Kennedy wanted to do 'extra' math questions so I wrote some out for her. The kitchen is tidy now. I am going to find an article for my assignment due on Friday...and because I JUST got my textbooks and only finsished the readings last night I am thinking about taking Friday off to get it done, typed and faxed on the due date. Next assignment is a BIG one...its reading a novel about Natives...I'm excited to read it. Some of the readings have been soooo interesting and sad to read how the world was just 30-40 years ago...my how far we have come. Besides the 'policy' part I am enjoying the class. I write an exam in April and will be done...then off to the next class...this will be my life for the next while...some friends have asked "why are you doing this now?" well because. A diploma in social work only gets you to entry level positions, nothing major. But with a BSW I will have great opportunities. I will try to get on with Capital Health at the Stollery. I would like to be a Social Worker in a hospital setting. But not in an 'emergency' setting...but like a NICU or something. Our social worker was excellent when Kennedy was born. We didn't see her too much but after any 'major' diagnosis you see one. So she kinda insipred me...so we'll see. Plus if I then want, I can go on to a masters....just many more opportunities. By the way, my sister graduates in May with her Masters of Education. She gets a HUGE pay raise...and within a few years she will bump up to principal...she makes me proud!

Well, I am off to find a social issue. So many to choose from (sad, but true).

Anyhow,

Thankfully its Thursday tomorrow!

And Yeah, I think Friday I will take off :o)

Tara

No comments: