Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, May 25, 2008

update

Hey everyone...just a quick update from the hospital. Kennedy is doing good. She is in good spirits despite being here. She has had a few visitors now so that makes her happy. Thankfully mom took Mack and Bandit out to the lake for the weekend. So I haven't had to worry about them and was able to spend my time up here. Thats been good. I am already for-warning Kennedy that I won't be staying here tonight. I pray that her IV doesn't blow. She is on day 3 of her one site.

Anyhow from Thursday morning we waited in the ER at the U of A until 10:30pm It was CRAZZZY! 13 hours in there. Finally we got moved up here. They had a horrible time getting her IV in and sent a big note up on her file to 'gaurd this IV with all of your life"(thats pretty bad) and basically her longest lasting IV has been 3 days...hopefully with being older it will last longer but they blow after a few days in the one spot. We are at the one spot...they have attempted all of the other sites. So we moved up to our own room and it was MUCH MUCH better. Its a nice big room with my bed and her bed....no roommates (hopefully it stays that way!). We slept bad. Morning came too soon...and it was a long day Friday, and we both slept better Friday night but we were woken for blood work (AT 12:30 AM and then 3AM!!!) They pick the *best* times to do it....(grrrr). Today is now Sunday and she ate her breakfast and she is waiting for me so we can go downstairs and I can eat my breakfast too...then will be going to a Cidadel music thingy at the "Beach" (a childrens program...BEST program for sick kids!) then we will eat...seems like thats how we pass time...waiting for her meals....eating my meals...then waiting for the next one...oh well.

Today Fabe is coming back at 5pm and I will take off. He will wait until she is sleeping and leave (she knows this)...and then we will both be at home...I will get Mack off to school and clean up abit at the house and then come back here...its crazy...but I will make it work....and I need to remember that Kennedy suffers too...its not about me...sure it does suck...but she suffers enough.

Anyhow, gotta go.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy that you had a few minutes to update. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and sending vibes that her IV stays!

Again, if you need a hand with anything small or large, don't hesitate to ask!

kenspicer said...

Have just read your update,glad things seem a little better,keeping you in our thoughts.

Jane said...

Tara - I keep checking in for updates - good to hear from you! Thinking of you all! Call if you need anything!

joanne said...

thanks for the update. Kennedy is in my thoughts actually your whole family.

Kylie's Mom said...

I've been thinking of you and your family all week. Poor Kennedy...it's got to be so hard on her. Well, I'm sure it's hard on everyone.

I hope Kennedy is up and at 'em real soon.

Jennifer said...

(((((hugs)))))