Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday.

Well the weekend was fast and busy. Saturday we headed to Millet for a b-day party. It was good. Then we got home, Fabe had left to one of his friends house (from Shaw) for a 'get together' to say good bye to him. That was nice. So I didn't do much that night. Relaxed...walked for 35mins.

Sunday, slept in until 10:30am. Woke up to NO one home. Remembered after that it was Mothers Day and it all made sense...Fabe was running out to shop now for my gift. They got home, sure enough. Flowers and an Ipod...I have been using Kennedy's Ipod for walking. But its FILLED with Hannah Montanna songs...so a totally thoughtful gift was an Ipod-I am so happy. So Fabe and I downloaded songs (yes, we PAID for them on ITunes) and I have an Ipod all set up now...I even used it tongiht for my walk. Also, I hate the headphones which 'sit' in your ear. So he got me some actual HEAD phones that go over your head. Much better for walking. He cooked a big lunch, chicken, steak, rice, corn, veggies and bought fresh buns and we had his parents over for it. It was early as he had to leave to Calgary again tonight. He just left. I did Kennedy's treatments and set all of her pills out for the week in her pill organizer...the usual Sunday things...prepared a new antibiotics for her for the week. All routine now.

Speaking of Kennedy, oh my! She has a horrible=horrible cough. She had an appt a few weeks ago. All was really well. But from her throat swab she cultured pseudomonas (which is common in CF, we are all exposed to it daily but our bodies fight it and our lungs are not in a favorable condition to 'breed' it) anyhow, she has cultured it alot before so it was no big surprise, just means we need to ensure she gets her treatments (we have skipped them here and there when she is healthy if we are super busy)....thats just life and thats just the way it goes sometimes. BUT, I have a feeling her cough is due to this...she just has a horrible nasty cough also though a bronchitis type cough...started today. I will see how it goes and maybe call the clinic in a few days if it isn't showing signs of improving. Back of my mind is thinking her treatment for it (inhaled Tobramycin) might not be doing its full job...the only other alternative is IV treatments which we prefer not to do...because it takes 2 weeks for the antibiotic to kick in...by the way, thank GOD for Alberta Health because her inhaled stuff is over 3000/month of it...yikes!

Anyhow, off the depressing topic of her health...

Today I worked on the yard work, the pee patches were watered very well. I bought some more grass seed so I will be throwing it down onto the spots as well (again). I WILL get this done.

This week, goes like this:

Monday-Eye appts for Macks contact check up and my contact fittings. Then Soccer at 7pm for him.

Tuesday-NO SOCCER, yard work.

Wednesday- weight watchers then pig out after the meeting (lol)

Thursday- Off early, soccer for only Mack @ 6:15pm

Friday- OFF work, kids have a PD day and it is suppose to be 23!!!! Either prepare for camping at the lake OR yard work...

Amanda is coming tomorrow for the week...she has an appt on Wednesday. I can't decide if we should go to the lake as I am going in with her...but I also don't want to wait around all weekend either...its a long weekend and suppose to be a beauty!!!!! Fabe comes home Friday...yeah!!!

I'm happy to be off Friday...extra time with the kids is always a huge bonus.

Anyhow, gotta get the kids to bed...

Tara

2 comments:

Kylie's Mom said...

I hope Kennedy is feeling better soon, poor kiddo.

Sharon said...

ITA on the ipod earphones - nasty!!!