Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday.

So Fabe re-formatted the computer and now I can't seem to find my Picture Project for uploading my pics...I have some recent onces. I DO want to start blogging on a more regular basis..but yeah. I was going to start again today, but now I can't (lol).

So yesturday the kids went to Fort Mac with my mom for Christmas pictures. Every year my mom get a Christmas picture with her 4 granchildren. So they are up there this weekend. But they are heading home tomorrow and we will go to Fabe's parents house for Thanksgiving dinner (yummy). Last night I got into bed at 8pm watched a movie "Beautiful"...a pretty low budget) movie but it was good. I read over my decorating magazines. Then at 11:30pm we got out of bed and got dressed. The Brick had a midnight maddness sale. Normally, we would NEVER go to something like this. But the price of a couch set was realllly good. We had no kids, so why not.

So we got there and there was some people out there waiting. When the doors opened everyone was normal and not running or anything stupid. We got a sales lady and she quickly took us to the couch set, we were the first people to it (lol) and we told her "we will take all 3-pieces in beige" and she got on a computer and reserved one for us...done. So we now have a set for the basement...a couch, loveseat, chair in microfiber...with a 5 year warranty against stains, rips, etc...for 750.00!!!! It was well worth it :) Its perfect for down there. We are leather lovers and have 2 sets up stairs but down there its colder and I felt leather would be too chilly. Plus, Macks friends will be sleeping on it for sleepovers so I want something comfy. They will be delivered tomorrow. Then we need a media tower for it and get rid of the entertainment centre (cabin)...finally the stuff that we NEED is coming. We got a console table the other day for the front entrance. I just need to find a mirror for it and it will look great. And I am MOST happy about our bedroom suite. We got given to us our current bedroom suite. We said that we will use it short term until we could afford the set we wanted....well that was.....our old house....4-5 year ago. We have never had a 'nice' bedroom. Its been just yucky. Not comfy. Not nice. Just BLAH. We will get that anytime. We are donating the old one to my moms program. This week we will pick out bedding, duvet cover, sheets, nice pillows, bedskirt and curtains. I am sooo happy. We have needed this for SO long. Its actually pretty bad, I never show anyone our room because I hate it. Now I can paint a wall. Buy matching bathroom stuff so it flows nicely. It will be great.

Today, I was VERY busy! I painted Macks new room. Its a beautiful color! Its a smokey-grey color. Just so warm, but netural. Its like a steel grey. Its crisp and clean. Anyhow, compared to the HORRIBLE pink that was down there, its just so nice. But it makes it reallllly stand out that the closet and doors aren't yet painted (gotta get on that!). With white contrast (the trim) its just stunning the color. I bought him a dark grey and black striped duvet cover...it will look so nice. Once we move him down there, then we have to figure out his old room. Move the computer in there, I guess? It needs to be painted and I was thinking the same grey (its a light light grey now) but I am so in love with the dark grey. So I will do that. We need to get rid of his double loft bed (what a shame!)...and we will need to buy a futon or something so when guests are here...mind you we will more then likely give them the basement anyhow (Macks room will act as the spare room). He can sleep up here when guest are here.

Then, inspired by my friends Lisas dining room last weekend...I painted the bathroom upstairs a deep red color. I have primed it PLUS put on 4 (5??) Coats of paint...but its just amazing! I did only 2 walls in there. And the bathroom feels so big now. It will contrast so nicely with the gold-brown-beige fabric shower curtain....now I need new bath mats in there (does it end???) Plus, I need an area rug for the basment.

Anyhow, today at Home Depot I found the curtains that I want for the mainfloor. The patio and livingroom need to get rid of those STUPID plastic blinds (the long ones!) Again, another 'short-term' idea gone 3 years. Anyhow, the ones that I want are a burnt-orangey color. They have a pattern in velet on them...they are sooo nice. Then I can paint my orange color that I want so badly...it will blend so nicely with the sage green accessories and the cream couch set and dark wood....I can't wait :)

Anyhow. Today I am feeling Martha Stewart like...

Tara

1 comment:

Jane said...

Your house is going to be so gorgeous you won't want to move! I posted a blog post to you on my blog lol!

Enjoy your new furniture :)