Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, March 08, 2010

Wow, tomorrow is a big day for me!

Tomorrow we get the keys for our BRAND new house! It has been the longest 16 months in my life, waiting for it to be built. Since our fire (and losing our home) on Nov 2, 2008 I have been waiting for tomorrow to come for a very long time...I have driven by the house everyday to see the new progress. I have parked for many minutes, crying and greiving the loss of our home. Now, tomorrow we get a new house instead but it will be OUR home. I don't know if people understand it completely, but its huge for us. We have lived in a rental home for the past 16 months and with rental furniture, nothing being ours. We came from a beautiful home of our own, to this. I am thankful everyday that we were lucky enough to even have insurance and find a nice house to rent in our area, but still. Not. The. Same.

I'm thrilled that tomorrow, I will have a sense of peace when they finally give us the keys. I cannot believe it...this day is almost here. I have longed for 16 months over the things we have lost, the comfort of home and the feeling of being in a safe neighborhood. Now, we will be back in our neighborhood. Might not be the same house. But its our house. We watched the 'birth' of it...we have spent many hours planning what will go where, etc.

Its one step closer to being back to 'me'. Back to my real life. A life where I'm happier and content. My new house doens't make it all better, but it certainly does help...

Here's to new beginnings...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wishing you health and happiness in your new home!

Have fun being back in your old neighbourhood!