Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wilderness Village

Oh, it was such a nice stay there! I absolutely LOVE it there. SUCH good memories from there, and now my children have had the pleasure to enjoy it too...it was great! We arrived Friday night close to 10pm. We set up as much as we could while the kids went for a quick bike ride around the sites. Saturday morning, Fabe's 33rd b-day I cooked eggs, bacon and buns for breaky. We went for a bikeride around the campground (I was loving how things would come back to me) and I was trying to picture myself (my children's ages) running around there. It was really neat to bring my own children there...my favorite grandma (I know its rude, 'favorite' Grandma Lola came there with us...it was neat to think about her). Anyhow, then we rested for a while. Then we decided to bike to Crimson Lake. Its beautiful there! The beach is actually like a BC beach...soooo nice..and only 2.5 hours from Edm so if anyone is looking for a daytrip..its WELL worth it! Clean water!!!! So we hung at the beach for a little while. Then we headed back to WV. The kids wanted to swim...so we hung at the pool for a few hours. Then we had supper. By this point, both of the kids made friends and after supper off they were with their 'friends'. We headed to family Bingo...then left after the intermission. Fabe and I took the dog for a walk then we collected more wood and built ourselves a nice big fire. It was lovely. The neighbors came over (a nice couple from Strathmore area) and we had some drinks and chatted with them while our kids watched a movie in their trailer with their kids...Sunday we slept in a little. I closed the bedroom door and 'let' Fabe sleep in for a while and I made pancakes and bacon for breaky. Then we packed up and hit the highway...it was soooooooooooo nice!

We got home, Fabe cut the grass. Mack is at a friends house for a sleepover and Kennedy and Fabe are just heading in as I type.

This week will be my FIRST week home all week since the kids have been done school. I'm not sure how I like that!!! But this weekend is suppose to be HOT and next week so I'm not sure where I will be...but not here!!!!!

Yes, I am totally enjoying my summer. And it makes me think that I need to get a job that I have summers off (guess its too late to be a teacher!!!) maybe an aid then or something...because life is just too short for me to work summers...(lol) I am totally loving this time with the kids and I know these are memories that the kids will remember. I'm going to work on taking lots of pics ( I have been doing SOME but not a whole lot) then I want to do a scrapbook for summer 2008!

This week I need to do some 'house' stuff like watering of the grass and flowers...cleaning up around here...thankfully I did a good clean Friday so we were graced with a nice clean house to return to today...but ya know..it needs a GOOD deep clean...

I will post some pics tomorrow...

3 comments:

Char said...

It's never too late for anything! I'm going back to school for a 4-year program after we move, if you want to be a teacher-go for it!!!!!

Kylie's Mom said...

Don't summers with the kids rock? I absolutely love being at home...although I think I will start looking for p/t work in the fall. *Sigh*...just that time.

Jane said...

So glad you are enjoying the Summer - I agree never too late to retrain - when I trained as a nurse a lady in my class was 40 and was training to be a registered nurse right along side me. So if she could be a psychiatric nurse at 40 then why can't you become a teacher (or what about a school counselor with your social work skills????) at your young age?????

It sounds as though you are having a great summer and best of all I bet your kids are LOVING the memories you are making for them :)