Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Well I didn't get the job that I really really wanted :(

Crappy.

I knew I didn't get it after I spoke with someone on the 'inside' and she told me that they are interviewing a casual employee for the same position (who already does this position) so right there, I kinda knew. The interview went really well. I was happy I knew the answers to most of the questions :)

So I am now stuck.

Help me.

So my job now, is around low-paying staff who mostly enjoy their jobs but they are very underpaid (child care). Lots of turnover. But most of them are very good. Its a pretty low-stress job at most times but can get high stress when staffing is down. I am well paid. I am valued there. I am 'the boss' and have really no one ahead of me. Its pretty good. *but* future wise...its a nowhere job. Really. It works wonderfully with my kids right now.

My 'new' job will be with a WHOLE different group of people. Well educated, middle class people. It will be an officey job, approving people for child care services or not. Delaing with angry people who don't get approved or qualified. I will have a caseload. Lots of calls to return...its a 'real' job I guess. Not so much flexibility as my current job...but I don't know that forsure...its pretty much the same pay. But downtown. Parking. Driving. Rush hour. Etc. But it has a pension. It has potential for a future into my first choice job.

What to do????????? My current boss just gets back from holidays tomorrow and I will need to give notice like (now)...

Ugh. What to do....

Help!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Good luck with your decision making....the new job sounds as though it could be much more satisfying.....and interesting...but would that make up for all the downsides.....

Tough choice!

I know what I would do but I won't give my answer here.....I'll read with interest to see what you decide!

Cfmommy said...

Jane, you can't possible not tell me on here what you would do!!! Would you stay????? Would you Go????

Help me!!!!

Jane said...

Tara... I'm not you! Only you can decide ;)

I personally would stay where you are....but thats because we moved out of town for a slower life....less stress and pressure....more family time and just to get out of the rat race as much as possible....so thats why I wouldn't take the other job....but I'm not the average Canadian ;) it sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I'm sure you'd do great in that role! As you do in your current role....

What does your heart tell you to do????? What will make you and your family happiest? What do F, M and K want you to do? What will let you enjoy life the most? What is it you want from life the most? Think on those a little while and I am sure you will make the right choice for YOU!!! :)

Sharon said...

Jane you should be a counseller!

Jane said...

rotflmao Sharon - I WAS a counsellor!!!! Thats what I trained in pre kids ;) thats too funny!