Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our lake lot.
















So usually when I speak of "the lake" I mean our lot at Lac La Biche. But this summer due to the fire and everything we rented a seasonal lake lot close to Edmonton. This has been PREFECT for us. Since we don't have time to waste with driving this year we are LOVING this. As well, since I don't exactly have a 'nice' yard anymore this is what I get to work on...the lot was HORRIBLE and vacant for a while when we took it over. But after a few weekends of hard work we got it looking very nice. We cut the grass out there about every 2 weeks and thats really about it. I invested in TONS of bird feeders from Goodwill and stock them often too. For Mothers Day Fabian bought me a 'Faulkner' chair and WOW- I can sit on it for hours and hours reading amoung the birds. Its SO nice being out there and the BEST part is that we are so close to the city. We have had to run a sick friend of Kennedy's to the city one time at 4am! We have forgotten the trailer keys and been able to run to the house to get them. Its been REALLY nice. My friend, Lisa is parked 1 lot away from me and just recently is Colette (another friend) and she is about a 5 min walk from our site. We enjoyed a campfire with them last weekend and we are hoping to again this weekend. The beach is...well, not the best...but Kennedy is really the only one who plays in it and she mainly enjoys the sand anyhow! Its a nice little campground and clean. So we have been spending EVERY weekend there since May and hopefully we will be there right until Oct!

1 comment:

Jane said...

So glad you have a had a great Summer out at Half Moon :) Glad it worked out for you :) Not sure I said, but I passed you on the highway one Friday. You actually had to wait to turn behind me ;) I would have waved except you would have probably thought I was some crazy woman lol!!!