Hey, I'm Cfmommy!

I hope you will enjoy my blog! Come back often, and I LOVE comments :o))))

Monday, July 06, 2009

Okay, lets try this again.

I am going to try to get back into blogging as it was something that I use to love doing. AND, since I'm getting my life back together I think that I am ready. I have been looking back in the old blog posts and wondering "what was I doing this day last year?" and its neat to see. Still very painful considering how much changed since last year this time. Back then, I felt like I had no worries...

BUT, I'm doing good. Really good. There are some days that I start thinking about the great loss that we have suffered but I am at a point where I think 'you know what? we are okay now so why go there?"

The house was demo'd about 3 weeks ago. Our neighbors poor house is STILL standing...man...but ours was done and already we have the foundation done, the weeping tile and soon they should start framing. We have picked out all of the 'stuff' we are getting (upgrades) and the electrical is all done with (where plugs will go, etc) so thats good. We added in a few little 'treats' for ourselves...nothing major but we upgraded the wooden railings to wrought iron with wood details, we added the chefs package (who is the chef? I don't know!) but some little things. It will be a lovely house but most of all I just can't wait to be back in the neighborhood. We are missing out so much...but we visit often.

We rented a seasonal lot this year just 15 mins from the city. We still have the Lac La Biche cabin but since this year is SO different than last year we have to be closer to the city. The daycare is the big thing, I can't just leave the city as I use to on Fridays in case anything with the centre. I have to be back Mondays. So we stuck the trailer at the close lakelot. We rented a great lot. Its beautiful and has full services so its great and I can get my yard work fix there! Although I did manage to fix up the rental house a little! It was HORRIBLE as its been JUST a rental propery after it was a showhome (5 years ago) its been so neglected! So I have been working away on it and its to a point where it is good out front. The back, I dunno. We water it all of the time but its a lost cause. I cann't wait to do stuff at my new house...

The kids are good. Kennedy has been very heatlhy, as well as Mack. Mack will be in grade 8 and Kennedy grade 4. They just returned from a 5 days stay with grandmas at the lake. They got in tubing, quadding and summer fun! So thats good. This week they aren't happy that I work 3 days but we plan on doing fun things on my days off..at least I'm pretty close to home and dont feel like I have to be here...

Nothing much to report.

I would like to get my camera hooked up to one of the computers so I can add photos and get back into blogging...so make sure to return often...

:o)

4 comments:

Mamma Schmoo said...

Good to see you back...hopefully I will find some time soon assuming my new man allows me a break :D

Jane said...

welcome back to blogland :)

D said...

Nice update! Welcome back...

joanne said...

welcome back thanks for the update.